Sunday, September 2, 2012

Bacon and Tomato Dip


I add tomatoes to many of my salads and sandwiches this time of year because they are so good! I love BLT sandwiches, and I found this recipe that allows everyone at the party to get a little BLT flavor. It is easy and delicious, but let’s not talk about the calories.


Ingredients
1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 large tomatoes, diced
1 cup mayo
1 cup sour cream

Directions
1.       Place the bacon slices on a baking sheet lined with foil. Place in a cold oven, and heat oven to 400 degrees. Set the timer for 17 minutes. This creates perfect bacon for me every time, without the work of a frying pan.
2.       While the bacon cooks, mix sour cream and mayo together in a large bowl.
3.       When bacon is cooked, remove from baking sheet and place on paper towels to soak up excess grease.
4.       Crumble the bacon into the sour cream mix. I only use the good meaty, crispy parts of the bacon but it’s up to you.
5.       If you are serving right away, dice the tomatoes and add to the mix. I don’t use the liquid parts of the tomato.
6.       If not serving right away, refrigerate until you are ready to serve, then add tomato. Serve with crackers.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment