Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Salad


My friends and I love buffalo chicken dip, but it isn't the healthiest thing to make. And it certainly doesn't photograph well. So, when I was in the mood for hot sauce last night, I decided to make a buffalo chicken salad. It hit the spot and I still had room for dessert, win win!


Ingredients
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 T hot sauce (Franks)
2 t olive oil
2 hearts Romaine, chopped
4 celery stalks, thinly sliced
2 carrots, grated
1/2 cup ranch dressing
Directions
1.      Chop lettuce and celery, place in salad bowl. Add grated carrots.
2.      Preheat the broiler.
3.      Cut chicken into ½ inch strips
4.      Combine hot sauce and olive oil in a mixing bowl. Add chicken and toss.
5.      Arrange the chicken strips on a baking sheet. Broil about 6 minutes.
6.      When chicken is cooked, add to salad. Top with ranch dressing and toss.

Inspired by Food Network

No comments:

Post a Comment