Monday, February 6, 2012

Steph's Cookies


You know those AllRecipes.com reviews where the wife writes about how the husband wanted this cookie, and she tried making it, and none of her versions were good enough until this recipe came along? This is that type of recipe/review.

My friend Stephanie made these about three years ago. I wasn’t there to try them, but my boyfriend has been asking me to make them ever since. I finally got the recipe from her – and he is right! These cookies are a great combination of oat and chocolate without the flakiness of oatmeal cookies. I slightly tweaked the recipe because I didn’t having baking powder when I made them, and mine took 12 minutes to cook.


Steph’s Cookies

Ingredients

1/2 Cup butter - softened at room temp

1/2 Cup white sugar

1/2 Cup brown sugar, packed

1 egg

½ tsp vanilla

1 Cup flour

1 Cup oat flour

1/4 tsp salt

1/2 tsp baking soda

6 oz chocolate chips

Steps

1. Preheat oven to 375°

2. Cream butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl.

3. Add eggs and vanilla.

4. Mix in flour, oat flour, salt and baking soda.

5. Add chocolate chips.

6. Drop in rounded tablespoons and place about 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.

7. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. Makes 2 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment