Saturday, February 25, 2012

Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies


As soon as my boyfriend saw me making oatmeal cookies yesterday he ran over and asked that I please do not put raisins in them. He told me he is in the Facebook group for Anti-Raisins in Cookies and can’t eat them.

I should have stuck to my guns but as soon as he suggested using chocolate chips I agreed. Raisins just can’t compete with chocolate, and I had a bag to use up. The results were delicious!

Ingredients
½ cup butter (you can use margarine too)
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg
½ t vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1 t cinnamon
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 ½ cups rolled oats
¼ cup chopped walnuts
¾ cup chocolate chips

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugars until smooth, stir in eggs and vanilla.
3. Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
4. Stir in oats, nuts and chocolate.
5. Drop by round teaspoon onto greased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes. Makes about 3 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment