Sunday, February 26, 2012

Fish Chowder


Last week I looked in my freezer and saw a baggie of frozen fish and another bag of shrimp. Neither could make a meal by itself, but maybe I could combine them in chowder for a delicious Friday lent dinner. I found a recipe that also called for me to use up the bags of shredded cheese in my fridge and got to work. The results are creamy, filling and tasty! I recommend it to anyone trying to use up frozen seafood.


Fish Chowder

1 onion, chopped

1 T butter

2 cups milk

1 cup ranch dressing

1 pound skinless, boneless white fish (or shrimp)

10 ounces broccoli heads, chopped

1 cup cubed or shredded cheddar cheese

1 cup cubed or shredded Monterey jack cheese

¼ t garlic powder

Directions

1. In a skillet, sauté onion in butter until tender. Transfer to slow cooker.

2. Add milk, dressing, fish, broccoli, cheeses and garlic powder.

3. Cover and cook on high for 1.5 to 2 hours. Fish should flake easily with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment