Tuesday, January 3, 2012

White Chili


I made it through the holidays (and my holiday help job) without so much as a stuffy nose, but as soon as it was over I got a cold. I’m a big fan of gulping down tea and soup, but when I’m hungry I need something a bit more satisfying. Helllooo chili!

White Chili

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 cooked, boneless chicken breast half, chopped
  • 1.5 cans chicken broth
  • 1 (4 ounce) can canned green Chile peppers, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 2.5 cans great Northern beans, do NOT drain

Directions

  1. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
  2. Place the onions and garlic in skillet and sauté for 10 minutes, or until onions are tender.
  3. Place onions, the chicken, chicken broth, green Chile peppers, cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper into slow cooker.
  4. Cook for 3 hours on high, 1 hour on simmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment