Thursday, January 5, 2012

Parmesan Cabbage



I received a Rachael Ray magazine subscription for Christmas and I was quite pleased to find the first issue already in my mail box Sunday night.

This recipe for Parmesan cabbage stuck out to me. I enjoy corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick ’s Day every year, but I rarely eat the vegetable on the 364 otherwise. I was also happy to see that cabbage goes well with pork because I had mango chutney I was dying to use (another Christmas gift).

The pork and cabbage turned out to be flavorful and hearty dinner.


Parmesan Cabbage

Ingredients

1 T Olive Oil

½ Cup Chopped Onion

2 Cloves Garlic

Salt and Pepper

Half a head of green cabbage, chopped

½ Cup Chicken Broth

2/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese

Steps

1. Chop the onions and cabbage.

2. Heat the olive oil at medium heat in a large pot.

3. Add onion, garlic, and a dash of salt.

4. Cook about 5 minutes, until soft.

5. Add cabbage, cook 5 more minutes.

6. Add ½ cup chicken broth.

7. Cover pot and cook about 10 minutes.

Stir in 1/3 cup cheese. Serve and top with remaining cheese and ground pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment